Name:
Location: Abilene, Texas, United States

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Paths

One of the things that intrigues me about blogs is how people find them. Not, do they find them interesting, or do they find them tedious. But, how do they find them? I know that some bloggers send out an email to their friends and announce it. Some bloggers are famous and their blogs are linked from other blogs or websites. But for those of us in the cheap seats, how are we found? Having just resumed this experiment, this seems like a good time to ask the question: "What brought you here?"

10 Comments:

Blogger Deana Nall said...

Cool -- I didn't know you had a blog!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

I'm with Jessica -- I saw your link on the stalker newsfeed on Facebook. :)

2:41 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Deana -- That's funny. When I put up that one post two years ago you were the very first person to comment!

Jessica -- Only surprise here is that Deana beat you.

Lori -- I expected you and Jessica to respond via the newsfeed. I'll be interested to see who else shows up.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hi Dr. Bacon. :) I, too, came from Facebook; I hardly ever actually log in to my account, but I had a link in my blog's referrer logs from my FB profile, so I decided to check in and stumbled across the link in my news feed.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Julie -- Which Julie?

6:33 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Julie Johnston. Formerly O'Neill. The Julie that has one hour left to complete the degree she should have finished six years or so ago. :)

6:44 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Chalk another one up to the Facebook feed. Looking forward to reading more!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it took me this long to get here. Magic of Facebook.....Olla from Singapore!

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Carisse said...

I've had your blog on RSS feed since you wrote that piece about Dr. John. Don't remember how I found you. Probably from your info page on Facebook.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home